En este blog estaré colocando material para las materias que estoy impartiendo.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Un profeta para nuestro tiempo



Billy Bragg
"Waiting For The Great Leap Forwards"
live on October 5th, 2006

It may have been Camelot for Jack & Jacqueline
But on the Hugo Chavez highway, filling up with gasoline,
Little Donald Rumsfeld spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's disappointments, so he goes over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but he thinks that he should warn her
To prepare to be bombed back into the Stone Age

In the former Soviet Union, the citizens demand
To know why they're still the target of Strategic Air Command
And they shake their fists in anger and respectfully suggest
We take the money from our missiles and spend it on our hospitals instead

The Cold War now is over, but the stakes are getting higher
I'm frightened of collateral damage, and of friendly fire
and I don't believe we can defeat no axis of evil
by putting smart bombs in the hands of dumb people

Mixing pop and politics, they ask me what the use is
I offer 'em my acupuncturist and my masseuses
While looking down the corridor out to where my ego is waiting
I'm looking for the New World Order

Jumble sales are organized, all my mates got fat
Even after all this time, y'know you can still send me a fax
You can be active with the activists, or sleeping with the media
While you're waiting for the Great Leap Forwards

One leap forwards, two leaps back,
Will YouTube give MTV the sack?
Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards

Well here comes the future, and you can't run from it
If you've got a website, I wanna be on it
Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards

In a perfect world, we'd all sing in tune,
But this is reality, not American Idol
Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards

So join the struggle while you may
The revolution's just an ethical haircut away
When you're waiting for the Great Leap Forwards

No comments:

Blog Archive